We are the name behind the high-performance ingredients in some of the biggest, most successful brands in the world, creating products that are relied on by industries and consumers worldwide. Innovation runs through every aspect of our business, using creativity to build exciting ideas into practical solutions that add value by addressing people’s unmet needs.
to understand diverse markets and deliver the right solution. This is supported by the claims validation and efficacy testing package behind the thousands of ingredients that we develop and manufacture for our wide range of business sectors: Coatings and Polymers, Crop Care, Geo Technologies, Health Care, Home Care, Industrial Chemicals, Lubricants, Personal Care and Polymer Additives.
- Detailed understanding of the SHE regulation associated with the operation of the site
- Good communicator with good Organisational skills
- Able to operate effectively with multiple tasks in a busy environment meeting challenging deadlines
- Team work
- Planning and organising - very good attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Validation awareness - site and department spesific
- RSA/NVQ/Admin Qualification preferable. NEBOSH certificate - site specific. Lead auditor - site specific
- To maintain awareness of current SHE legislation applicable to the business; including Major Accident Hazards, standards, good SHE management practice
- Attend meetings with regulators, auditors, industry bodies, group SHE and emergency services
- Co-ordinates training, promotes communication and co-operation of SHE initiatives. This also involves a reasonable level of scheduling and budget planning.
- To maintain a full range of risk control programmes and procedures to minimise risk and manage foreseeable emergencies, this may involve some degree of problem solving to implement regulatory, best practice and group requirements to the site operations.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the systems and is the main point of contact to develop and improve the functionality of the systems
- To provide information to managers or others for analysis and to assist managers with specific projects as and when required
- Communications is with all site employees and some regulators, both internal and axternal. This can be either electronically, written and verbal
- To maintain and develop the site validations systems and records required by ISO certifications
- Coordinate and control all activities necessary for proper waste management, working with companies specializing in the sector and the different departments of Public Administration (Environmental Agency)
- To plan, to coordinate and to organize environmental and atmospheric measurement at the plant, preparing the documentation of Occupational Health, COSHH and Safety Studies and to participate in them
- To realize risk assesment of the various activities of the factory work and to plan and to propos measures for the control and risk reduction.
- To participate actively in the investigation of incidents and accidents, and in the analysis and monitoring of correcrive actions.
Specific Rregulatory/ Legal responsibilities
- Dependant on the site, coordinate ISO14001, OHSAS18001, various SHE forums.